[Buildroot] x11-input-drivers/xdriver_xf86-input-evdev-1.2.0 missing inputproto depends

Hebbar gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Sat May 10 05:39:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

i looked at http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/driver and found
xf86-input-evdev-1.2.0.tar.bz2. so i updates the version to 1.2.0

i am trying to build X11r7 (BR2_PACKAGE_XSERVER_x11r7=y)

>>The problem is probably not where it is installed, but rather how
pkgconfig is gathering it's information >>about the X11 headers. Look at the
xf86-input-evdev config.log or inside the configure script to see >>what's
happening. You can also try adding CFLAGS="-I$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include/X11"
to the >>CONF_OPTS in the buildroot makefile for xf-86-input-evdev

The point is that the required header files are not installed at-all inside
staging_dir/usr/include/X11.  Yesterday i made few more research and found
that the headers file required ( by xdriver-xf86-input-evdev,
xdriver-xf86-video-fbdev) are not installed to staging_dir/usr/include/X11
from xserver-xorg-server-1.4, since all these header files come under
install-sdkHeader make option. which are not called atall during make.

>>Also, I don't think you'll have any success building it for an ARM target
either,
>>as there is no PC compatible PCI bus on it, which is required for the
>>drivers and xorg server itself.

Yes u r correct. So i have to see if any other solution exists to solve this
to solve this.

Also i have added a few patches to my xserver-xorg-server build
package.(enable tslib to find proper device, enable xcalibrate, proper
pkgconfig-fix, keyboard updates, fbdev updates and alike) . If you wish i
can forward the same to the list.

Regards
Gururaja