[Buildroot] GPL compliance

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue May 13 11:10:04 UTC 2008

Hi All,

We are approaching release of our product and I want to make sure we are
meeting out GPL compliance correctly. I was wondering if there is an
example out there how is the best way of meeting the requirements.

We are just using buildroot, without any real customisations beyond the
config. As I understand it we cannot just list all the packages used
with links to where to download them, we actually have to be able to
supply all the source code ourselves. Is that correct? Also was
wondering if any of the buildroot/uclibc/busybox/linux config files are
included under the GPL.

Finally do we have to provide all the toolchain as well, as far as I can
tell we do not, it is only the code contained within the application binary.

Thanks,

Will.
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Senior Project Engineer                  Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA