[Buildroot] Nonrepresentable section on output?

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:42:25 UTC 2008

So I believe the problem lies in the source directory for bash:
"buildroot/build_arm/bash-3.2/". In this directory we have a Configure file
and Makefile. The Makefile contains a variable called LDFLAGS which makes
use of LOCAL_LDFLAGS. In LOCAL_LDFLAGS, I see that it has the option
-rdynamic passed to it. After a bit more digging, I saw that If you add
-Wl,-z,defs to LDFLAGS it will detect unresolved symbols.

Does anyone know what these options do? I can't seem to put in a proper
search querie to find out what -z or -Wi does. Is adding them to LDFLAGS the
correct step? I did find out what -rdynamic does and I left that alone. Why
am I experiencing this problem with my ARM build and not my x86 build for
bash? (I got bash compiled fine on the x86 build).

Thank you for your help.