[Buildroot] Bootloaders

Jason Valenzuela jvalenzuela at dspfl.com
Tue May 20 20:10:44 UTC 2008

Ok, thanks for the help so far. Got uClibc and grub to build ok.

Some booting issues:

I'm looking to use this to boot from a compact flash. I've partitioned
and created an ext2 file system on the CF card. I mounted this partition
and untarred the root file system onto the CF. I've copied the kernel
from binaries/PROJECT_NAME/ to /boot in the CF file system.

Now I'm kind of fuzzy on how to get grub to setup on it. The card shows
up as /dev/hdc with the only partition being /dev/hdc1, which seems
fine. If I chroot onto it and run grub, when I try and issue a root
(hd2,0) I get 'Error 21: Selected disk does not exist'.

Thanks,
Jason Valenzuela