[Buildroot] Q: Problem building libgtk2 - libcups?

Michael.Forkey at elektrobit.com Michael.Forkey at elektrobit.com
Tue May 27 22:55:35 UTC 2008

buildroot-20080523 with the 5 patches Daniel Laird posted to this
mailing list on Friday 5/23/2008.

I am having a problem building libcups as part of libgtk2 for the ARM9.
I get the following:
Linking pdftops...
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/usr/bin/ld: libxpdf.a(gmem.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
libxpdf.a: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [pdftops] Error 1

It looks to me like the correct toolchain is being used - everything
says "arm-..." (i.e. gcc, ar, etc.) What else should I check?

Is the cups library really needed for libgtk2? I haven't seen any
reference to it as a requirement in anything I've read about GTK+. I
don't need printing support. Can I disable building this library?

Thanks,
mf

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.