[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 6 22:20:35 UTC 2008

Le Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:11:01 -0500,
"hartleys" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

>   LD [M]  drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
> /usr/local/arm/4.1.1-920t/bin/arm-linux-ld: unrecognized option
> '-Wl,--rpath-link'
> /usr/local/arm/4.1.1-920t/bin/arm-linux-ld: use the --help option for
> usage information

Hum. -Wl,--rpath-link is supposed to be passed to the C compiler, the
-Wl prefix telling the compiler to pass the option to the linker. But
here -Wl,--rpath-link is passed to the linker directly, which obviously
doesn't work. (See
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-May/002772.html
for people having the same kind of issue).

*However*, I'm not sure having -Wl,--rpath-link when building the
kernel is necessary. But because the kernel Makefile does
LDFLAGS="$(TARGET_LDFLAGS)", and the TARGET_LDFLAGS variable is
modified by Daniel's patch, that's why you hit this problem now.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.