[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/device

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Nov 14 11:15:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

 Thomas> I don't really get what's all this toolchain-related stuff in
 Thomas> target/device/. Even when using a binary external toolchain, all the
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_GCC_VERSION_* variables are set:

 Thomas> BR2_EXT_GCC_VERSION_4_1_2=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_GCC_VERSION_4_2_1=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_GCC_VERSION_4_2_2=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_GCC_VERSION_4_2_3=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_17=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_UCLIBC_VERSION_0_9_29=y
 Thomas> BR2_EXT_UCLIBC_VERSION_0_9_28_3=y

 Thomas> which looks a bit odd to me, since Buildroot has absolutely no power
 Thomas> over the version of the components used in an already compiled binary
 Thomas> toolchain.

 Thomas> And why is all that stuff implemented in target/device/ and not in
 Thomas> toolchain/ ?

I actually have no idea - I don't use the external toolchain stuff,
but it looks like something related to the avr32 stuff.

I've just cleaned it up slightly in preparation for adding uclibc
0.9.30.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard