[Buildroot] [buildroot 0005374]: Cannot compile libpng, directfb, and other packages due to missing -L option

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Mon Oct 13 10:24:32 UTC 2008

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=5374
Reported By:                tpetazzoni
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   5374
Category:                   Architecture Specific
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   block
Date Submitted:             10-13-2008 03:24 PDT
Last Modified:              10-13-2008 03:24 PDT
With current Buildroot SVN, I have an issue when trying to build libpng
and directfb: the configure script cannot find that zlib is installed.

The configure script tries to compile a simple program that makes a
call to zlibVersion() using the -lz option. But the
-L$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/ option is not passed to gcc (the -I options
are correct however), so the compilation fails and configure complains
that it can't find the configure script.

In package/Makefile.in, it seems that the library path is passed in
TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS, using LD :

 LD="$(TARGET_LD) $(TARGET_LDFLAGS)" \

In the config.log, I see reference to the correct -L paths, but these
paths seem to be removed when testing the compilation of the sample
zlib program.

I'm using the following patches to workaround the problem, but I don't
think these are the proper fixes.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
10-13-08 03:24  tpetazzoni     New Issue
10-13-08 03:24  tpetazzoni     Status                   new => assigned
10-13-08 03:24  tpetazzoni     Assigned To               => buildroot