[Buildroot] i386 target root file system missing directories

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 20:22:39 UTC 2008

Hi John,

 removing .root everything goes fine. I used minimal root filesystem
and after I changed but I did not removed .root file flag. I think
this thread could be closed.

 [may be another subject change would arise]

 I have tried many different configurations and I feel root was
bloated then I removed it but buildroot make does not install all
choose packages but just few:

roberto at rafbook:~/gles/buildroot$ du -ks project_build_i586/ugles/root/
22204	project_build_i586/ugles/root/
roberto at rafbook:~/gles/buildroot$ mv -f project_build_i586/ugles/root/
project_build_i586/ugles/root.prev
roberto at rafbook:~/gles/buildroot$ make

[...]

roberto at rafbook:~/gles/buildroot$ du -ks project_build_i586/ugles/root/
5944	project_build_i586/ugles/root/

 I tried 'make help' but it was useless. Have I to 'make clean' and
'make' everything again? It would be a very time consuming approach...

 thanks,
Roberto A. Foglietta

--
/roberto