[Buildroot] LDFLAGS setting in buildroot

Daniel J Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Tue Oct 28 12:36:08 UTC 2008

Sometime ago Thomas Petazzoni posted some patches about setting rpath-link etc.

I have been playing with this and have come to similar conclusion.  That is that
doing LD="$(TARGET_LD) $(TARGET_LDFLAGS)" is not very helpful.

In fact if I do this I need to pass LDFLAGS to lots of my packages
directfb
png,
webkit,
cairo,
To name but a few.

However if I split this into:
LD="$(TARGET_LD)"
LDFLAGS="$(TARGET_LDFLAGS)"

They all build better (i.e I do not need to add LD_FLAGS to all the packages) and I can then add --rpath-link lines to TARGET_LDFLAGS and they all still build (no shared library issues)
Does anyone have any problems with what I am suggesting before I go ahead and commit.....

Many thanks
Daniel Laird