[Buildroot] AT91SAM9G20 support?

Mike Sander msander at ripnet.com
Fri Oct 31 03:01:15 UTC 2008

suffecool at comcast.net wrote:
> Yeah, that's what I am discovering.  I am now looking at various kernel releases to see if and when 9G20 support was added (if at all).
>
> Google searching found this link:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/13/62
>
> where it appears that somebody back in June 2008 did a lot of work patching the kernel to get the 9G20 to be supported.  I'm downloading the 2.6.27 kernel now to see if it was added  into that one.
>
> --kev

Kevin,

You will need the 2.6.27 kernel.  I got a g20 on Friday and successfully
booted it.  I used an oct 22 buildroot snapshot, and selected the 2.6.27
kernel. I initially did the buildroot configuration for the 9260.
After everything was completed I went back and did a kernel "make
at91sam9g20ek_defconfig, and redid the top level "make".  From what I
can see, there is no g20 support outside of the kernel (as of a few
weeks ago).

For my initial testing I grabbed pre build bootstrap & u-boot for the
9g20 from linux4sam
(ftp://www.linux4sam.org/pub/uboot/u-boot-1.1.5_atmel_1.7/u-boot-1.1.5_atmel_1.7-at91sam9g20ek-dataflash.bin).

(ftp://www.linux4sam.org/pub/at91bootstrap/AT91Bootstrap_9g20/dataflash_at91sam9g20ek.bin)

I suspect the buildroot bootstrap & u-boot will work fine, but I have
not tested them.

HTH

Mike