[Buildroot] Make error

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:03:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Steven> Wait a moment ...!   After I turned on the 'avahi' in networking
>  Steven> section and run make, I got the following error instead:
>
>  Steven> cannot find -lintl
>  Steven> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>  Steven> make[3]: *** [libavahi-common.la] Error 1
>
>  Steven> What do I do? Thanks.
>
> Strange. Avahi should depend (and select) libintl if you use a
> toolchain with locales enabled. Could you post your config please?

Thans Peter. The problem has gone many days befoer after I rebuilt
from a fresh new buildroot untar-ed from the same tarball and copied
the old .config as well as the 'dl' directory.  So I guess its the
'make' process which mess something up.

I have related question:  some times, I want to rebuid a new rootfs
directory tree (project_arm_build/uClibc/root), so I go to remove the
whole .../root directory as well as the .root file followed by re-run
'make', but I always get an error (I forgot the detail, but can
remember it's because the re-created .../root/ tree doesn't get a
usr/lib directory, and some thing need to be copied there, so the
error pops up).   My question is: How can I forece to rebuid the whole
project_arm_build/uClibc/root tree?  Thanks.

-
narke