[Buildroot] Login exited

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Sep 5 01:07:58 UTC 2008

I've dropped the Cc to the busybox list and vda as it's unlikely to be a
busybox fault.

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 11:49:38PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> > I didn't see your posting. Do you get a prompt? Do you get any messages
> > at all after the kernel loads, loads the RAM disk, etc? Please post the
> > whole log.
> >
> > No I don't see how the root file system being read-only would be
> > significant. cramfs is always read-only. I build cramfs here with
> > buildroot and it works just fine.
> >
> > Hamish
>
> Hi, Hamish
>
> Below are the whole boot message, and I like to say sorry to other
> peoples here for the reposting.

Hi Steven,

I didn't see anything significant in the logs. It was badly line-wrapped
by gmail which didn't help - I suggest attaching a log file instead of
pasting it in in future. Thanks.

So what of my questions above?
> > I didn't see your posting. Do you get a prompt? Do you get any messages
> > at all after the kernel loads, loads the RAM disk, etc?

Do you have a full log of the session where you booted with
init=/bin/sh?

cheers
Hamish