[Buildroot] Login exited

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 05:44:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 03:38:31PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> PS.  I just noticed, there is an error line when I run 'make' to get
>> my rootfs image, it is:
>>  rootdir=/root/buildroot/project_build_arm/uclibc/root
>>  table='target/generic/mini_device_table.txt'
>>  /root/buildroot/build_arm/cramfs-1.1/mkcramfs: invalid option -- l
>>  rm -f /root/buildroot/project_build_arm/uclibc/.fakeroot*
>>
>> I checked, there is no a -l option for mkcramfs, but the buildroot
>> does try to use it.  Anyway, the cramfs is created successfully, but I
>> am not sure it is not a problem.
>
> -l is for a little endian file system, so if it's producing a file
> system with the wrong endianness, yes that's a big problem.
>
> I'm assuming your target is little-endian. (By the way the
> buildroot.config you attached to the next message was actually some sort
> of configure log, not a buildroot configuration - so I couldn't check
> that).
>
> Your mkcramfs build must have got wrong, or you're missing the patches
> or something. Specifically you must have
> target/cramfs/cramfs-02-endian.patch - it's dated 2005 so I can't
> believe it's just a case of an old version.
>
> Can you check if you have that patch? Perhaps you can "make
> cramfs-dirclean", then make again, and if you still see the problem then
> post a build log from "make cramfs-dirclean cramfs".
>
> It's unfortunate that mkcramfs doesn't bomb out when passed invalid
> options..
>

> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish at debian.org> <hamish at cloud.net.au>

Yes Hamish, I do have target/cramfs/cramfs-02-endian.patch. And when I
run 'file' command on the generated cramfs image, it reported that the
image is a little-endian.

Anyway, after I rebuit the cramfs using 'make cramfs-dirclean cramfs'
as you suggested, I did not get the warning about the '-l' option any
more. But that makes no difference, the newly generated rootfs image
still does not let me login as before.

Attached is the buildroot .config file.

Oh,  god ....