[Buildroot] autoreconf problem

sddnd sddndw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:22:50 UTC 2008

Dear devs:

I use buildroot on my Gentoo Linux box to develop my project.
Previously it worked like a charm, until I upgraded my gentoo system.

Now the gentoo use autoconf-2.62, it breaks the AUTORECONF stuffs in
buildroot.
Many packages which need AUTORECONF complain about version mismatches.

I found that alrought buildroot has host-automake, host-autoconf, host-m4
... etc built,
but they are not used.
All these still invoke the _really_ host ones.

Currently I don't have any better idea to solve this.
I just downgraded the autoconf to 2.61 on my gentoo box.

I think the host-* way is good, we can trap all these (buildroot's
autoconf-2.61 ...)
in our buildroot environment.
But I don't know how to feed all the necessities to our autoreconf.
Use env variables to set AUTOCONF, AUTOHEADER, AUTOMAKE, ACLOCAL, AUTOPOINT
.... ?

Any idea ? Or any one has the similar problems?

Thanks.

Regards.