[Buildroot] gadget uevents not detected by udevmonitor

Christopher Taylor chtaylo3 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 01:33:32 UTC 2008

I'e configured hotplug and netlink sockets in my kernel 2.6.24 config file
and I've insmoded g_serial.  When I run udevmonitor I'm not seeing uevents
when I plug in the usb cable to the usb device port.  I am however getting
the gadget serial messages:
gs_disconnect: Gadget Serial disconnected
gs_setup_complete: status error, status=0, actual-16, length=18
gs_disconnect: Gadget Serial disconnected
gs_set_config: gadget Serial configured, full speec CDC-ACM config

I'm 100% sure this is an error on my part when building everything, but I'm
not sure where.

My whole intent here is to get uevents into my application via a netlink
socket.  I have no intent of running udev, but I do intent on listening on
that the netlink socket just like udev does so I can tell immediately when a
usb event occurs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Chris