[Buildroot] Lighttpd and PCRE

Nick Peirson nick at netcentral.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 15:03:47 UTC 2008

I seem to have pinned down the cause of my problems. Looking through the
lighttpd config.log I noticed it was using g++ from the host system. A
slightly brute force approach of chmod'ding g++ to 000, make
lighttpd-clean, make pcre-clean and then running make again seems to
have solved the problem.

I'd be interested to know why it was using g++ from the host system, and
if there's a better solution than my brute force approach to fixing it?

Let me know if there's any more information I can provide to help
diagnose the cause of this.

Thanks
Nick