[Buildroot] misc development news

Frank Hoeflich frankhoeflich at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 19:01:17 UTC 2009

Thomas:

    It's very staunch of Peter to be willing to discuss this, but it generally defeats the purpose of the three-month train development model.  Fixes to releases are supposed to be integrated and released so quickly in this case that you don't need dot-dot releases.  Once we have a few canned releases from which to choose, I wouldn't expect this to be a problem at all.  Since we have only the 2009.02 right now, I suppose a one-off could be justifiable if you expect to be giving multiple demos with it in the next month.  My $.02

    BTW I think you are demoing here at ELC - so welcome to San Francisco!

--Frank