[Buildroot] target/Makefile.in problem

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Thu Apr 9 09:46:19 UTC 2009

jacmet wrote:

>  Mirko> target/Makefile.in:22: Extraneous text after `else' directive
>  Mirko> target/Makefile.in:38: *** only one `else' per conditional. Stop.
>
> Strange, I use powerpc almost every day and have never seen that
> error. Please post your .config and tell us what host distribution and
> make version (type make --version) you are using.

I notice the same behavior when trying to build buildroot-2009.02 on an
old SuSE Linux 9.3 system (from ~2005). It uses make 3.80 and
GCC 3.3.5, so it is quite old-fashioned. On newer systems (openSUSE
10.3 and 11.0) with GNU make 3.82 I don't have any problems. But
due to some customer's requirements I have to setup a buildroot
environment which also builds on old Linux systems.

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill