[Buildroot] pkgconfig confusion

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Apr 17 14:18:10 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Neumann <s.neumann at phase-zero.de> writes:

 Sven> Hi,
 Sven> I've tried to update to the latest buildroot snapshot today and ran into
 Sven> a problem with pkg-config:

 Sven> gzip: /home/sven/buildroot-new/dl/pkgconfig-undefined.tar.gz: No such
 Sven> file or directory
 Sven> tar: This does not look like a tar archive

This is pkg-config for the target. Is that really what you want?

 Sven> So I had a look at package/pkgconfig/pkgconfig.mk and found that it
 Sven> defines all variables with the PKG_CONFIG prefix instead of using
 Sven> PKGCONFIG. Changing this seems to fix the problem (see attached diff).
 Sven> Alternatively one could rename pkgconfig/pkgconfig.mk to
 Sven> pkg-config/pkg-config.mk.

Yes, the correct fix looks to be renaming the dir / file and the
AUTOTARGETS line.

Will fix.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard