[Buildroot] contributions to buildroot...

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Apr 26 20:05:17 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Urban <urban at unix-beratung.de> writes:

Hi,

 Robert> a while ago (15th of March) I submitted a new package,
 Robert> "ndyndns-1.14" via the mailing list.  It doesn't seem to have
 Robert> made it into the repository.

No, I've been on holiday and have quite a mail backlog..

 Robert> I don't personally care whether it ever makes it into the
 Robert> repo. I've can always add it to the stuff I check out.  I do
 Robert> however wonder why it didn't make it in.  I understand that
 Robert> you guys probably have more on your lists than you can ever
 Robert> hope to accomplish.  I appreciate your effort very much.  I
 Robert> would be helpful to me to know whether my submission was
 Robert> rejected, and why, or whether it's simply fallen by the
 Robert> wayside, which, as I said, is also ok.

I just had a look at your mail, and noticed that you just sent an URL
to an external tarball. Could you please attach the patch directly in
a mail to the list or add it to the bugtracker (bugs.buildroot.net),
then I'll review it this coming week.

 Robert> I submitted it because somewhere you guys have an exhortation
 Robert> to make packages available to others...

Not quite, the GPL says that you have to make sources available
whenever you distribute binaries - But contributing your changes to us
is ofcourse preferred.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard