[Buildroot] gdb snapshot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Apr 28 18:32:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> as I am having problems with gdb 6.8 on our ARM platform, I thought
 >> I'd give the gdb snapshot a try and selected it in the buildroot
 >> menu. But this fails as the patches in toolchain/gdb/snapshot seem to
 >> be targetted at a particular snapshot (gdb-6.3.50.20050915). Does
 >> this work for anyone else? Can this possibly work?

What problems are you having with 6.8 exactly?

 Thomas> Maybe instead of using the the gdb.tar.bz2 symbolic link, we could
 Thomas> refer to a precise version of the gdb snapshot, so that the patches
 Thomas> have a chance to work.

 Thomas> The patches in snapshot/ haven't been updated since 2006, so I would
 Thomas> say that this part is unmaintained, which means that nobody uses it and
 Thomas> we can probably drop it.

Yeah, agreed.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard