[Buildroot] gdb snapshot

Sven Neumann s.neumann at raumfeld.com
Wed Apr 29 08:12:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 18:40 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> The patches in snapshot/ haven't been updated since 2006, so I would
> say that this part is unmaintained, which means that nobody uses it and
> we can probably drop it.

Ok, thanks for looking into this.

Perhaps someone can help me with the gdb problem I am facing. Whenever I
try to debug a program on the target platform (ARM EABI aapcs-linux),
the debugger gets a SIGCHLD signal and stops:

[root at proto2 /]# gdb hello
GNU gdb 6.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi"...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /hello
Hello world

[1]+  Stopped(SIGCHLD)        gdb hello

Is there anything special I need to do to run gdb on the ARM platform?

Sven