[Buildroot] Explicit dependencies on uclibc in makefiles

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 13 19:02:02 UTC 2009

Le Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:43:27 -0300,
Thiago A. Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Ah, ok. I never looked it up at the top Makefile. Well, then I guess
> we could drop uclibc from all packages/*

I'll have a closer look at this, but I think yes.

> This actually should be done for the glibc support to work properly I
> guess.

Depends whether you're talking about glibc support in toolchains
generated by Buildroot, or glibc support for external toolchains,
generated with external tools (crosstool-ng, etc.) or downloaded from
third parties (Codesourcery, vendor, etc.). The former is not supported
by Buildroot at this time. The latter is supported, and the
toolchain/external-toolchain/ext-tool.mk implements a uclibc: target,
regardless of whether the C library of the external toolchain is uclibc
or glibc.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.