[Buildroot] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 20 12:35:14 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:28:42 -0400,
"H Hartley Sweeten" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

> I just tried that and get the same results.  Maybe I didn't compile
> it statically?  I just did:
>
> $ arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc init.c -o init

Add -static

And verify with "file" that it is indeed statically compiled:

thomas at surf:/tmp$ arm-linux-gcc -o hello hello.c
thomas at surf:/tmp$ file hello
hello: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
thomas at surf:/tmp$ arm-linux-gcc -o hello hello.c -static
thomas at surf:/tmp$ file hello
hello: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons