[Buildroot] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Aug 26 20:44:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

 H> What I don't understand is why they need to be copied to $(STAGING_DIR)
 H> and then needing to re-direct the --sysroot to them.  The only comment
 H> about this in ext-tool.mk says:

I didn't write the external toolchain support, but I guess it's
because the individual packages wants to install their libraries /
headers, and it's a lot simpler (E.G. similar to the internal
toolchain) if everything is together in a single directory tree
instead of 2 trees.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard