[Buildroot] [git commit master] u-boot: mark old 2008.10 version as deprecated

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Fri Aug 28 12:37:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:20:01 +0200
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Thiago>    Someone should test if newer u-boot works properly before
>  Thiago> doing that. This was the last known version to work with AVR32,
>  Thiago> and if I remember it correctly, the problem wasn't platform
>  Thiago> specific but something to do with the flash drivers or
>  Thiago> something. Sorry, can't be more specific, I have a very short
>  Thiago> memory.
>
> I don't have any avr32 hw, so I cannot do it - What about you?
>
> Notice that we're carrying an avr32 patch for 2009.01, so I guess it
> works for someone.

Yes, all boards not using the common CFI driver will work, as they
provide their own flash driver. There is currently a discussion ongoing
on the u-boot mailing list regarding this topic. No conclusion yet, but
if a fix pops in for 2009.08 I'll let this list know. The it'll be safe
to use 2009.08 for all AVR32 boards (and probably all other archs as
well).

Hans-Christian Egtvedt