[Buildroot] Trying to build in an usual place: /opt instead of /

Olivier Perron olivier.perron12 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:30:53 UTC 2009

> Allow me to repeat myself:
>> > Here is the short version:
>
> Now, I can't see where you mentioned that you wanted anything
> *other than* the minimum set of devices.

I didn't say it: it was explicit (in my head :-)

> So, the longer answer:
> http://minimodding.com/tiki-index.php?page=FirmwareEvalSystem

Thanks for this pointer, it's very valuable !

> And if you really want to learn about what you are trying to do:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

Not really from scratch as I'm still using the running kernel that
comes with the original firmware. I just need some better userland
along side the existing one.

> And remember that Google is your friend if the system turns out
> to be missing the VT (virtual terminals).  ;)

Yes, I could have do some googling on it... but as my bind solution
was working, it was enough for enable me to continue my testing. I'll
go googling now that I have some spare time to do it.

Anyway Mike, thank you for your support that has been really very much
appreciated !