[Buildroot] Problem configuring dbus-glib

Chrissy c.pfindel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:19:24 UTC 2009

Peter Korsgaard schrieb:

>  Chrissy> Hi,
>  Chrissy> while configuring dbus-glib I get the following error:
>

>  >>>> dbus-glib 0.80 Configuring
>
>  Chrissy> checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat... (cached) no
>  Chrissy> configure: error: expat library not found, check config.log for failed
>  Chrissy> attempts
>
>  Chrissy> I'm using the stable buildroot-2009.11.
>  Chrissy> The XML_ParserCreate_MM can be found in the staging/usr/lib/libexpat.so.
>  Chrissy> So does anybody know how to solve this?
>
> Notice the (cached) part. This means that your configure cache somehow
> lists expat as not being available. A quick fix is to run "make flush",
> but please send your .config to the list and I'll try to figure out what
> package needs to be fixed.
>
> Is this with a clean rebuild or have you first built something and then
> afterwards added dbus-glib without running make clean in between?

Hi,
thanks for the hints.
I did no clean rebuild. I got some errors because of missing libraries
in my (external) toolchain, built before with buildroot not having to
build the toolchain on every rebuild. I simply went on when the errors
were solved.
So I'll try a clean rebuild and report afterwards.
My .config is attached.
Thanks so long
Chrissy