[Buildroot] Documentation question

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:11:46 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-09, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been reading the "buildroot usage and documentation"
> document over the past couple days, and in order to not be a
> complete leech, I'm fixing various minor problems (typos,
> spelling, punctuation, usage, grammar, etc.) and will submmit a
> patch when I've finished.
>
> However, I've run across one paragraph where I think the actual
> content could use a tweak, and I thought I should ask about it
> before making a change.

Another question on content -- the doc says

  Buildroot optionally honors some environment variables that
  are passed to make:

    HOSTCXX, the host C++ compiler to use
    HOSTCC, the host C compiler to use
    UCLIBC_CONFIG_FILE [...]

>From what I've been able to figure out, honoring those is not
an option.  Aren't they're always honored?  If honoring those
is optional, how/where is that option configured?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! An Italian is COMBING
                                  at               his hair in suburban DES