[Buildroot] RTNETLINK error

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Dec 10 10:21:29 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Ryan" == NEAL, RYAN <RYAN_NEAL at appsig.com> writes:

Hi,

 Ryan> Does the busybox dhcp client get called by the kernel at some point
 Ryan> (udhcpc?)?  how do I make this configuration so that the busybox dhcp
 Ryan> client is used?

Not by the kernel, but by ifup (by adding something like this to /etc/network/interfaces):

iface eth0 inet dhcp
auto eth0

 Ryan> I turned off the "IP : kernel level autoconfiguration" (CONFIG_IP_PNP)
 Ryan> off in the linux kernel, no change.

 Ryan> I then ran with just the boot line "console=ttyS0 root=/dev/ram" and
 Ryan> still got the failure.

Ok, are you sure that the system hangs in ifup? What do you expect to
happen afterwards? Have you configured a getty (login program) on ttyS0?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard