[Buildroot] Creating user accounts in rootfs

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Dec 10 14:38:29 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Julien" == Julien Boibessot <julien.boibessot at free.fr> writes:

Hi,

 Julien> Does someone know a better way than the following to create user
 Julien> accounts ? :
 Julien> * on the target use "adduser xxx"
 Julien> * then copy target's "/etc/passwd" and "/etc/shadow" to Host's
 Julien> "buildroot/target/..../rootfs/target_skeleton/..."
 Julien> * rebuild rootfs

 Julien> My goal is to have a rootfs with preset user accounts, ready to
 Julien> be used as soon as the rootfs image has been flashed.

No, that's certainly the easiest solution (and how I normally do it).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard