[Buildroot] Errors building mkisofs

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:03:07 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I've been seeing errors building mkisofs which in turn causes issues
generating an iso9660root file system image

../include/schily.h:111: error: conflicting types for ‘fexecve’
/usr/include/unistd.h:552: note: previous declaration of ‘fexecve’ was
here
../include/schily.h:190: error: conflicting types for ‘getline’
/usr/include/stdio.h:653: note: previous declaration of ‘getline’ was here

Not too surprising the definition for these functions does seem to
differ. Has anyone been having the same problem?

It looks like these error are fixed upstream which according to [1] is
heading for a release. I've got a patch which pulls in the 01a69
release candidate and does fix my problem. I'll post my patch as a
git). It might be worth holding off pushing this to the main buildroot
repository until the official cdrtools release is made but I don't
know when that is going to be. If anyone else is having the same
problem my patch might help

[1] ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/AN-2.01.01a69