[Buildroot] update on a file in tslib not reflected after doing "Make"

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Dec 15 08:18:36 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Stanley" == Stanley  <eva2002 at gmail.com> writes:

 Stanley> Hi all,

 Stanley> I am new to embedded world and this is the first time using
 Stanley> buildroot.  I am currently trying to solve a problem in one of
 Stanley> the files (input-raw.c) on tslib. However after modify/patch
 Stanley> the file, I do a "make" in main buildroot directory. However
 Stanley> the changes did not reflected (tested by adding a few texts in
 Stanley> already existing printf statement).

 Stanley> Here is what I did.

 Stanley> 1) delete "tslib" folder from "build_arm" folder.

If you have a build_arm folder, then you are not using the latest
release. Any reason why you are not using 2009.11?

So if I get you right, you want to add a custom patch to tslib? You can
either just place it in package/tslib together with the other patches
(make sure you name it tslib-1.0-<something>.patch), or for a quick test
just build tslib without changing anything, and then afterwards go to
output/build/tslib-1.0, change what you need to change and then remove
the stamp file (.stamp_built).

Once that is done you can just rerun make from the toplevel buildroot
dir and tslib should get rebuilt/reinstalled.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard