[Buildroot] OT: git workflow question

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:04:18 UTC 2009

I do use the same method than Thomas.
I maintain a local git branch with my patches. Before submitting them
to the list I made this :

#  Grab the local branch which tracks the official buildroot dev branch
git checkout master
# Pull from the buildroot repository to get an up to date image
git pull origin/master
# Rebase my branch on top of up to date buildroot dev branch
git rebase --onto master my_dev_branch_start my_dev_branch

Usually I dont get too much merges, but it depends how many people are
working on the same
packages than me...
The goal is to make the work of the maintainer easier. So your patches
get integrated faster,
and you remain happy :)

Then I submit my patches using :

git send-email master..my_dev_branch

In the pratice it's a little bit more complicated, because you dont
always want to send all your patches,
some of them are not yet ready, etc...

Lionel Landwerlin