[Buildroot] In-tree build OK, out-of-tree build fails

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Dec 19 07:49:02 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:

 Grant> The "not found" file crt1.o is present in the output directory
 Grant> in staging/usr/lib/crt1.o, but it looks like the gcc command
 Grant> line used to link busybox is missing the required --sysroot
 Grant> option.

 Grant> I've repeated the build several times. Building in-tree always
 Grant> works. Building out-of-tree with an internal toolchain also
 Grant> works OK.

 Grant> It looks like the combination of an external toolchain and
 Grant> out-of-tree build is what fails.

Seems like it. I "alway" build with O=<something>, so the busybox step
has been tested a lot, but I don't use an external toolchain.

I'll try to find some time to look into it this weekend.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard