[Buildroot] uclibc/buildroot build error

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Tue Dec 22 07:39:59 UTC 2009

>>>>> "joyful" == joyful  <joyful at sonic.net> writes:

 joyful> Hi Peter,
 joyful> Thanks for helping me. I was merely trying to create a whole new platform.
 joyful> When I type make defconfig, there was no old config
 joyful> file, then I just select items that may fit my needs by hit enter or y or n.

 joyful> With 2009.11 verison buildroot, I think it is much better, but I
 joyful> got this message at the end, indication something I was not configured
 joyful> correctly:

 joyful> `/tmp/buildroot-2009.11/output/build/linux-2.6.31.6'
 joyful> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `zImage'.  Stop.
 joyful> make[1]: Leaving directory
 joyful> `/tmp/buildroot-2009.11/output/build/linux-2.6.31.6'
 joyful> make: *** [/tmp/buildroot-2009.11/output/images/zImage] Error 2

This is again the Linux kernel build failing. I think the easiest way of
figuring out what goes wrong is for you to post your .config file

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard