[Buildroot] BR + CT-NG integration

Anders Darander anders.darander at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:31:30 UTC 2009

Hi Yann,

I think that the plan looks good, and that it will be beneficial for Buildroot.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 23:51, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> - rely on user-supplied external toolchain, built with crosstool-NG
>
>  AFAICS, this is currently mostly working, even if some configuration
>  items should be reviewed to make it work seamlessly.
>  It was also pointed out that some of the toolchain options should be
>  made easily available to buildroot (such as endianness, networking
>  support (IPv4, IPv6)...). I think that this is easily achievable,
>  provided the list of options is known.

If it's not already on the list, I'd like you to add the debug-root as
a toolchain option available for buildroot. My reason is that I'd like
to update and get my patch [1] to install gdbserver from crosstool-NG
to the target system integrated into buildroot.

I think that it would be possible to create a "cleaner" patch, if such
an option where available to buildroot.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anders Darander