[Buildroot] Binary toolchain fails

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Sun Feb 1 13:57:59 UTC 2009

sön 2009-02-01 klockan 14:08 +0100 skrev Peter Korsgaard:

>  Ulf> Once that is fixed, sysroot is still not enabled
>  Ulf> since the configuration variables for sysroot are disabled
>  Ulf> when you use a binary toolchain.
>
>  Ulf> BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION="-Os -pipe --sysroot=$(STAGING_DIR)/ -isysroot
>  Ulf> $(STAGING_DIR)"
>

> Don't forget the !SYSROOT case.

BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION is a user definable thing
in the .config file.
Anyone not having sysroot would have to change these parameters.

Since basically nothing is set for a binary toolchain,
this variable would
have to contain a lot...

Better probably to have an include file describing the toolchain
functionality, which gets included after the .config.

>  Ulf> Would let me build packages with problems.
>
>  Ulf> Since there are so many changes needed to get binary toolchains
>  Ulf> to work, I propose we simply disable them in the distribution
>  Ulf> and fix the problem afterwards.
>
> I wouldn't do that as we pretty frequently hear from people apparently
> using it (Like Daniel's latest changes), so it obviously works for
> some.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson