[Buildroot] Web Server

Dan Pattison dan.pattison at ethertek.ca
Thu Feb 5 18:18:49 UTC 2009

Hello List:

I have got a little further with making Cherokee work with Buildroot.
Using Peter's suggestion of   export ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes
solved the error  undefined reference to `rpl_malloc' .

The cherokee.mk file now looks like this
# cherokee
CHEROKEE_VERSION = 0.98.1
CHEROKEE_SOURCE = cherokee-$(CHEROKEE_VERSION).tar.gz
CHEROKEE_SITE = http://www.cherokee-project.com/download/0.98/0.98.1
CHEROKEE_AUTORECONF = NO
CHEROKEE_INSTALL_STAGING = YES
CHEROKEE_INSTALL_TARGET = YES

CHEROKEE_CONF_OPT = export ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes

CHEROKEE_DEPENDENCIES = uclibc

$(eval $(call AUTOTARGETS,package,cherokee))

I am now getting a different error;   unrecognized command line option
"-m32"
Can anyone suggest a work around for this error?

Best Regards,
Dan Pattison

Hello Peter:

Thanks for your reply. I think the stock BOA does not support Basic HTTP
auth, see:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boa_(web_server)
Please correct me if I am wrong. I cannot find where to set the password
file in boa.conf. The docs for the boa conf file do not mention how to
set the password.

I've googled around and there are some patches against boa 0.94
mentioned that add basic auth functionality. Axis Communications (ARCH
cris - Etrax) have added this to boa in their linux SDK.

I will check out the busybox httpd to see if it supports it, and will
have a look at lighttpd.

I would still like to get Cherokee running if possible. Any chance
someone more knowledgeable than me can download it and figure out to
make it compile for buildroot? http://www.cherokee-project.com/

Thanks,
Dan Pattison