[Buildroot] What's up with the kernel names? (Again)

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Mon Feb 9 22:52:10 UTC 2009

mån 2009-02-09 klockan 20:34 +0100 skrev Peter Korsgaard:

> Hi,
>
>  >> You will get everything you had before, albeit in a different order
>  >> (uImage-myprojec-2.6.28-20080106)
>  >>

>  Ulf> Which breaks the U-Boot autoscripts.

> Why? It looks like it uses LINUX26_KERNEL_NAME.

They work with the patches to u-boot which assumes
that the name look like they used to.
If the new naming remains, who is going to fix the u-boot patches?

>  Ulf> I need it in this specific order.
>  Ulf> I also would like to avoid unneccesary problems
>  Ulf> due to someone forgetting to update strings.
>
> Then set the appropriate _SUFFIX / _PREFIX variables.

AGAIN: How can you RETROACTIVELY set _SUFFIX/_PREFIX
if you forgot to set _SUFFIX/_PREFIX and thus
overwrote another project.

It is high maintenance and error prone to do it this way.

>  Ulf> And I repeat, I want all files related to a specific project
>  Ulf> to be sorted together.
>
> Then put them in /tftpboot/<project>/.

Which again means fixing u-boot patches.
Who is going to do that
You suggested previously that the person breaking the build
needs to fix it.
Does that still apply?

BR
Ulf Samuelsson