[Buildroot] Easy Upgrade Path?

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Thu Feb 12 13:29:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:53:34AM -0800, Dan Pattison wrote:

> Hello List:
>
> I've been getting used to the buildroot development environment using
> 2009.02-RC2 for ARM AT91SAM9g20-EK. I have made lots of changes and
> additions that suit our project (config files, packages, etc.) We have
> successfully compiled and included some of our own programs.
>
> What is the recommended method to upgrade to the newest build
> environment so we don't have to re-do everything? Is this possible?

Ulf introduced local/ when he started to commit and this was a good idea.

It got booted out some time later, by someone.

The point is that you can put your config files and non-included
packages there and keep that out of the rest of the tree.

I like the idea and would like to put it back in.

Thomas.