[Buildroot] Buildroot 2009.02 released

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si
Thu Feb 12 14:45:33 UTC 2009

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Hinko> Building gdb for cris-v10 architecture fails with:
>
> Ahh, seems like you should have tested the release candidates better
> ;)

Yep ;)

Wait a minute - I selected the wrong option: gdb for target.
I wanted to build gdbserver for target, that does compile. IIRC, I saw
the error when building gdb for target!

>  Hinko> make: *** [/work/uclibc.buildroot/buildroot-2009.02/build_cris/gdb-6.8-target/gdb/gdb] Error 2
>
>  Hinko> Are we missing uclibc config.guess and config.sub?
>
> No, gdk.mk does the CONFIG_UPDATE stuff, and
> package/gnuconfig/config.guess seems to have have the cris entries.

Right. I found the problem - gdb-6.8/gdb/config/cris and
related config files for native gdb are missing. I seem no one
ever tried native cris gdb. Not a big problem, as I'm used to
debug with gdbserver + host gdb.

Thank you,
Hinko

--