[Buildroot] What's up with the kernel names? (Again)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Feb 17 11:26:54 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago A Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Thiago> The current solution does allow you to do the exact same
 Thiago> thing, while still giving the flexibility of opting not to
 Thiago> use it at all. We are not limiting your options, but rather
 Thiago> giving more, why can't we just let this thread go?

I agree, I'm also getting tired of it. The new setup is more flexible
than before and still nice and clean.

 >> It is a good idea to make things as simple as possible, you are
 >> trying to make things simpler than that.

 Thiago> Hard coded prefix, suffix and extension plus symlink is much
 Thiago> closer to overcomplicated than current solution is to over
 Thiago> simplification.

Agreed.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard