[Buildroot] Buildroot 2009.02 released

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 19 19:10:37 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Hinko" == Hinko Kočevar <hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si> writes:

Hi,

 Hinko> I'll try to steal some time to try out basic packages (for
 Hinko> starters) that build & run on cris-v10 arch. That's the only
 Hinko> embedded arch I can test.

Good, I don't believe we have many others testing cris.

 Hinko> What about he packages that can not be built for some specific
 Hinko> arch, for some reason or another (too few resources CPU, mem,
 Hinko> flash, ..)? Should they be marked or noted somehow to inform
 Hinko> us about its status on selected arch?

Well, lets differenciate between stuff that doesn't build for a given
arch, and things that don't make sense to run (E.G. no graphical
output, no sound, lack of RAM, ..). The first thing I think we should
either hide or mark as broken in Kconfig, but the 2nd very much
depends on your specific board.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard