[Buildroot] kernel hangs after NET: Registered protocol family 16

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 19 19:20:40 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Kelvin" == Kelvin Chan <kelvinc at positronics.com> writes:

 Kelvin> Hi guys,

 Kelvin> I'm using a ALIX 2c3 and my kernel hangs after "NET:
 Kelvin> Registered protocol family 16" I'm almost sure this is more
 Kelvin> of a kernel build config issue but not sure where to find
 Kelvin> answers. The dump looks like kernel is waiting for a
 Kelvin> subsystem or driver to init but that particular system/driver
 Kelvin> is not built. Can someone confirm that?

 Kelvin> Freeing SMP alternatives: 0k freed
 Kelvin> net_namespace: 288 bytes
 Kelvin> NET: Registered protocol family 16

This is normally where device drivers get initialized. Try booting
with initcall_debug added to the kernel cmdline to see if that gives a
hint to where it hangs.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard