[Buildroot] glibc philosophy

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Feb 24 14:10:23 UTC 2009

>>>>> "jeff" == jeff angielski <jeff at theptrgroup.com> writes:

Hi,

 jeff> Is there a plan to support building glibc from scratch in buildroot,
 jeff> just like uclibc is currently supported?

It's afaik not on the radar of any of the BR developers.

 jeff> Or is the official stance to only allow buildroot to build against
 jeff> pre-compiled glibc toolchains?

That depends. If someone submits clean enough patches to do it, and
people are willing to support it, then I don't see any problem with
doing it.

But I'm not personally interested in it, so I won't be working on it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard