[Buildroot] Buildroot maintainer and stable releases

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jan 9 09:15:13 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Heidelberg <markus.heidelberg at web.de> writes:

 Markus> I have never objected. But it depends on the type of the
 Markus> patch. A simple patch that adds some architecture specific
 Markus> configurations (endian or something) to get it working
 Markus> belongs to uclibc-buildroot. And even there it can require
 Markus> some investigation to update the patch, if the source code
 Markus> base has changed. And this investigation should be avoided
 Markus> with pushing it upstream.

 Markus> But a huge patch that adds lots of optimization code
 Markus> (mplayer) definetly belongs to avr32-buildroot.

I agree - Or atleast not in the buildroot I care about. Same with
feature patches, like the ones recently added to U-Boot. We really
need to keep patches to a minimum (and push them upstream) to stay
sane.

I repeat, Buildroot is not a dumping ground for random patches.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard