[Buildroot] Can't Login to New System

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:22:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Bernhard Weirich
<bernhard.weirich at riedel.net> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> just a wild guess, but I had the same problem and the issue was that neither
> uclib nor kernel was built with floating point support.
> so maybe check if you have floats...
>
> Regards Bernhard

This may be a stupid question, but is that setting somewhere in the
buildroot toolchain config, in the kernel config, or somewhere else
entirely? I've looked for it, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm pretty sure the Cirrus Labs cross toolchain uses software floating
point, because in the guide for setting it up, you have to run this
command:
$ sudo mkdir -p /opt/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/ccache-2.4/cache
I thought that was pretty funny when I noticed it. I may be
misinterpretting that, because I'm pretty sure the EDB9302 does have a
FPU, but it may be something wierd about the Qwerk, or I may just be
an idiot. That instruction is found at
http://terk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/terk/embed/trunk/share/docs/QwerkDevelopmentGuide.html#SettingUpTheARMCompiler

Andrew Wiley