[Buildroot] libglibg2 fails

Daniel James Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Fri Jan 16 09:27:31 UTC 2009

The reason for this is that you have built libiconv and installed the headers.
However you have not passed the --with-libiconv=gnu to the configure of libglib2.

Are you using an external toolchain?
Are you setting BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE?

Because with an external toolchain you can't set BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE currently (I have hacked a local version for now).  And if BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE is not set then libiconv gets built and your problem arises.

What you could do is update libglib2 to say, if BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE packages+=libiconv and
GLIB2_CONFIG_OPT+= --with-libiconv=gnu

And that should solve it

Hope this helps
Daniel Laird